- Provenance: Seeds received from FMXG, southern China, as "Thyrsostachys oliveri, 大泰竹 (dà tài zhú), from Yunnan, China", coll. Mar. 2015, received 2 May and 1 July 2015 (BS-0816).
- Photos: Album in flickr Collection Bamboos of Thailand.
- Description: Text information and links in Google Site.
- Seed weight: 1.2 g = 20 seeds (bare of bracts).
- Seed viability: Unknown, viability assumed to last at least several months.
- Seed germination: 3 of 6 seeds (BS-0816) germinated by the 8th day (test 150503).
- Comments: On 3rd October 2017, characters of the over 2 year old seedling (BS-0816) were checked. Apparently, the characters indicate a species of Gigantochloa, not Thyrsostachys. Actually, the seedling is similar to G. apus but possibly represents another species.
|Seeds (BS-0816) received as "Thyrsostachys oliveri": |
Seeds wrapped with bracts (left); seed with bracts removed (right)