Phyllostachys edulis (CN) — BT1000, BT1011
- Provenance: Seeds received by Boonthammee Bamboo Garden, Hang Dong, Chiang Mai, from YBN, southern China, as "Phyllostachys pubescens, 毛竹 （楠竹） (máo zhú, nán zhú)", collected Sep. 2016 (BT1000, BT1011).
- Photos and text information in Bamboo Seeds Catalog.
- Seed weight: 10 g ≈ 350–450 dried spikelets (bract-wrapped seeds).
- Seed viability: Six months under normal atmospheric conditions; one year and little longer under storage at 1-6 °C. Under subtropical and tropical climates, Phyllostachys edulis seeds are more easily attacked by fungi than seeds of other species, hence an anti-fungal treatment is recommended.
- Seed germination: Germination rate low, 5–15% can be expected (test 161014 and test 170313).
- Comments: Commonly known as Moso Bamboo.
|Phyllostachys edulis (BT1011): Seeds|